Camino Forum Store Special!
I will add 1 FREE Camino Passport (from the Cathedral in Santiago) per Guide Book ordered.
Over 1,200 years old, 500 miles long, and rich with tradition and sacred history: Embark on the trip of a lifetime with Moon Camino de Santiago. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic trekking guides for walking the Camino, including where to start to get the Compostela certificate, and excursions to gateway cities like Santiago, Léon, Burgos, Pamplona, and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
- Unique ideas for enriching your experience: Admire folkloric art, Romanesque churches, and stroll through the stone archways and winding alleys of medieval cities. Soak up the mountain views as you cross over the Pyrenees and descend into misty green valleys. See the archaeological site where Europe's oldest humans were uncovered, and breathe in the salty ocean air as you finish your journey at the shores of the Atlantic
- Savor the local flavors: Enjoy authentic jamón Serrano, tapas, and Galician wine, and find out where to grab fresh cheese and bread for a picnic lunch
- The best detours, festivals, and villages along the way: Linger in Estella, witness the running of the bulls in Pamplona, visit dolmens in La Rioja's vineyards, visit the monastery in Nájera, or sip wine in Cacabelos
- Essential planning information on when to go, how to get there, where to eat, and where to stay, from pilgrim dorms to private hotels, plus tips on hazards, precautions, and gear
- Valuable insight on the history and context of the pilgrimage from Camino expert Beebe Bahrami, who has walked many Caminos since 1995
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a handy fold-out map of the entire route
- Thorough background information on the sacred sites and history of the Camino, as well as the landscape, culture, and local etiquette
- Handy tools including Spanish and French phrasebooks, visa information, volunteer opportunities, and tips for seniors, women traveling alone, religious and secular travelers, and LGBTQ+ travelers
Embark on your transformative journey with Moon Camino de Santiago's expert insight, unique suggestions, and practical advice.
This is the 1st edition from 2019. It is quite a complete guide, and weighs about 400g
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.