Camino Forum Store Special!
I will add 1 FREE Camino Passport (from the Cathedral in Santiago) per Guide Book ordered.
Pre Sale. SHIPPING 2ND WEEK OF MAY!
Update: The book was printed Tuesday May the 16th , the cover was laminated Thursday May 19th and we hope that it will be assembled today or Monday (May 22nd). That give me a tentative shipping date for Tuesday May 23rd. Sorry for the delay!
Pre-Sale special: Once the book is out, the price will be €21,90. Reserve your copy now for €19,90.
Following the success of the Wise Pilgrim App for the Camino Portugués, the guide has been improved and expanded to include the Coastal Way. It is now being prepared for the first print version.
The guidebooks will include:
- The same comprehensive accommodation directory. Including all albergues. Hotels, paradors, casa rurales, pensions, and camp sites. For albergues you will know: how many beds (including private rooms) the albergue has and how much they cost, phone number, months (and hours) open, and whether the albergue accepts non-pilgrims or reservations. You will also know whether they have a bar/restaurant, a kitchen for your use, whether they serve a group dinner, have vegetarian options, wifi, laundry facilities, or bicycle storage.
- City by city information. Navigation tips and cautions, historical references, a list of available service (pharmacies, restaurants, atms, that kind of stuff) and dates for local fiestas.
- Large Scale Maps: Large Scale Maps with no pre-determined stages. These maps are at the start of the book and are the best reference for anyone wanting to plan ahead without having to flip through the book.
- Elevation Profile: The elevation profile sits alongside the large scale maps, giving you a better overview of the terrain ahead.
- City Maps: Lots and lots of city maps. From the small villages to the regional capitals, if there is more than one option for accommodation a map is included to help you find it. These maps are inline with the guide and also show the nearest grocery, albergue, pharmacy, atm, and other bits.
- Coastal Route Maps: Because the Coastal Route and Litoral Route can be difficult to distinguish, additional maps are included which highlight their differences.
- Detours and alternative routes: The camino splits in a few places, and when it does an overview is provided to help you visualize the option ahead.
- Quick booking links. For cities where accommodation is available on booking.com, a QR code is included (in an appendix) to help you get the task done with the least amount of clicking possible.
Dimensions - Approximate
Metric: 11.5 x 18.5 cm, and 240g
Less Metric: 4.5 x 7.25 in, and a measly 8.5oz.