Camino Forum Store Special!
Each book ordered will include (at no extra cost):
- 1 "Camino Passport" (from the Cathedral in Santiago)
Also get 1 The "Caminos to Finisterre & Muxía Guide" free with this book (if this is of interest, please select it in the drop down when you order).
Late 2018/2019 edition now shipping!
Nearly 10 years after the first web edition went live, and 5 years after the first mobile app for the camino was published, the time has come to go to press with the 1st print edition.
The guides have been rewritten and now contain more practical information than they ever have; for the first time including more specific information for pilgrims who are looking for albergues that offer group dinners and vegetarian options.
For the first time in print, the guidebooks will include:
- The same comprehensive accommodation directory. Hundreds of properties, including all albergues. Hotels, paradors, casa rurales, pensions, and camp sites. For albergues you will know: how many beds (including private rooms) the albergue has and how much they cost, phone number, months (and hours) open, and whether the albergue accepts non-pilgrims or reservations. You will also know whether they have a bar/restaurant, a kitchen for your use, whether they serve a group dinner, have vegetarian options, wifi, laundry facilities, or bicycle storage.
- City by city information. Navigation tips and cautions, historical references, a list of available service (pharmacies, restaurants, atms, that kind of stuff) and dates for local fiestas.
- Large Scale Maps: Large Scale Maps with no pre-determined stages. These maps are at the start of the book and are the best reference for anyone wanting to plan ahead without having to flip through the book.
- Elevation Profile: The elevation profile sits alongside the large scale maps, giving you a better overview of the terrain ahead.
- City Maps: Lots and lots of city maps. From the small villages to the regional capitals, if there is more than one option for accommodation a map is included to help you find it. These maps are inline with the guide and also show the nearest grocery, albergue, pharmacy, atm, and other bits.
- Detours and alternative routes: The camino splits in a few places, and when it does an overview is provided to help you visualize the option ahead.
- Quick booking links. For cities where accommodation is available on booking.com, a QR code is included (in an appendix) to help you get the task done with the least amount of clicking possible.