Camino Forum Store Special!
I will add 1 FREE Camino Passport (from the Cathedral in Santiago) per Guide Book ordered.
See what other pilgrims say about this book here on the forum.
Nearly 10 years after the first web edition went live, and 5 years after the first mobile app for the camino was published, the time has come to go to press with the 1st print edition.
The guides have been rewritten and now contain more practical information than they ever have; for the first time including more specific information for pilgrims who are looking for albergues that offer group dinners and vegetarian options.
For the first time in print, the guidebooks will include:
- The same comprehensive accommodation directory. Over 900 properties, including all albergues. Hotels, paradors, casa rurales, pensions, and camp sites. For albergues you will know: how many beds (including private rooms) the albergue has and how much they cost, phone number, months (and hours) open, and whether the albergue accepts non-pilgrims or reservations. You will also know whether they have a bar/restaurant, a kitchen for your use, whether they serve a group dinner, have vegetarian options, wifi, laundry facilities, or bicycle storage.
- City by city information. Navigation tips and cautions, historical references, a list of available service (pharmacies, restaurants, atms, that kind of stuff) and dates for local fiestas.
- Large Scale Maps: Large Scale Maps with no pre-determined stages. These maps are at the start of the book and are the best reference for anyone wanting to plan ahead without having to flip through the book.
- Elevation Profile: The elevation profile sits alongside the large scale maps, giving you a better overview of the terrain ahead.
- City Maps: Lots and lots of city maps. From the small villages to the regional capitals, if there is more than one option for accommodation a map is included to help you find it. These maps are inline with the guide and also show the nearest grocery, albergue, pharmacy, atm, and other bits.
- Detours and alternative routes: The camino splits in a few places, and when it does an overview is provided to help you visualize the option ahead.
- Quick booking links. For cities where accommodation is available on booking.com, a QR code is included (in an appendix) to help you get the task done with the least amount of clicking possible.
Have a look here for a few sample pages - PDF Entering Burgos (p. 80-83).
Metric: 11.5 x 18.5 cm, and the lightest in its class at only 233g
Less Metric: 4.5 x 7.25 in, and a measly 8.2oz.
Printed: March 2017
Other Camino Frances Guidebooks are:
- A Wise Pilgrim Guides: the Camino Francés
- A Village to Village Guide to Hiking the Camino De Santiago
- A Camino Pilgrim's Guide Sarria - Santiago - Finisterre + Camino Ingles
- Camino de Santiago - Way of St James from the Pyrenees to Santiago
- Camino de Santiago, St. Jean - Santiago - Finisterre
- From St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela
- Maps Only Guide to the Camino Francés
- Guida al Cammino di Santiago de Compostela (in Italian)
I offer two shipping methods on the store: As a regular letter with Correos (the post office) and World Wide Express with DHL.
Correos is normally the most economical option, but it might take 3 or sometimes 4 weeks to get there. Especially for shipments to the USA/Canada and Australia. Within Europe about a week. This shipping option does not have a tracking number. If we see that the shipment has been lost, I will re-confirm the address with you and then re-send. If we see that it does not arrive on the 2nd attempt, I will refund you the purchase (and not re-send for a 2nd time).
The shipping cost with Correos depends on weight and where it needs to be shipped. You will see the shipping cost on the last screen before you send the order in.
I have a special rate for shipping books with Correos. I mention this, since you might find that it is more economical to ship a book than other items.
DHL is very reliable, and I have never lost a shipment with them. 2-3 business days to anywhere in the world. A bit pricier, but fast and secure delivery. The cost is decided by the weight and the destination country.
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you receive any item that might have broken during shipping. I will resend that item.
If you feel like you would like to return any other item you have bought, just send it back to me and I will give you a refund for that item.