Note: This book comes with a free Camino Passport from the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela
A Village to Village Guide to Hiking the Camino de Santiago is a comprehensive guidebook to walking the Camino de Santiago, or Way of Saint James, from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago de Compostela (the Camino Francés), and also the Camino Finisterre to Muxía and Finisterre.
- Full-color detailed to-scale topographical stage maps of each day’s walk with free GPS files online.
- The entire 800km Camino Francés and 90km Camino Finisterre.
- 135 detailed stage, city and town maps.
- Essential practical information on transport, accommodations and services.
- Detailed listings of pilgrim hostels (albergues) and private accommodations in each town, including prices, amenities, number of beds, contact information, open seasons, and more.
- Regional introductions to the different areas along the Camino including information about traditional foods, flora and fauna, and local culture.
- Overviews of dozens of medieval pilgrim sites, with information about the historical context of the pilgrimage.
- Expert advice on hiking gear, packing and daily Camino life.
- A list of recommended reading and films about the Camino de Santiago.
- A Spanish phrasebook and mini Basque (Euskara) phrasebook.
- A timeline of the history of Spain with emphasis on the Camino history.
Other Camino Frances Guidebooks are:
- A Wise Pilgrim Guides: the Camino Francés
- A Village to Village Guide to Hiking the Camino De Santiago
- A Camino Pilgrim's Guide Sarria - Santiago - Finisterre + Camino Ingles
- Camino de Santiago - Way of St James from the Pyrenees to Santiago
- Camino de Santiago, St. Jean - Santiago - Finisterre
- From St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela
- Maps Only Guide to the Camino Francés
- Guida al Cammino di Santiago de Compostela (in Italian)