You might haver some questions:
- Can I buy things with this note?
- No, it is not legal tender. You get it if you are a collector or if you just want a souvenir from your camino walk.
- How different is if from a regular euro note?
- The quality of this is pretty amazing. It is printed on the same paper as the euro notes and has similar security features. If I did not see the "0 euro" on it, I would think it was a normal euro note.
There are many versions of the 0 Euro note, this one has ben made with the Camino de Santiago in mind.
The idea behind the 0 euro note got started in 2015. The souvenir Euro notes made to the same standards as the currency, but without value. These can then be sold at a profit to commemorate places or events. Since then these have become increasingly popular, and the European Central Bank has approved their printing,
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EURO SOUVENIR BANKNOTE:
- Paper of 100% cotton with a custom watermark and copper stripe
- Offset printing with numerous iridescent shades, micro-stripes, banknote security backgrounds, a hologram and only under UV light visible ink
- Engraved tactile recess
- A hologram
- An individual serial number
- Tactile markings
- Micro printing
- Transparent registration 5. Security background
- Listing zone
- Security background
- Micro band
- Micro printing background
- Copper band
- Transparent registration