Please Note: This book is free with the purchase of many of the other Wise Pilgrim Guides.
Written for the 2019/20 Walking Year
When Santiago doesn't quite feel like the end of the road, keep on walking until you reach the sea. This guidebook covers the epilogue to the Camino de Santiago, a short journey to the end of the world. Includes both Finisterre and Muxía.
For the first time in print, the guidebooks will include:
- The same comprehensive accommodation directory. Dozens of properties, including all albergues. Hotels, paradors, casa rurales, pensions, and camp sites. For albergues you will know: how many beds (including private rooms) the albergue has and how much they cost, phone number, months (and hours) open, and whether the albergue accepts non-pilgrims or reservations. You will also know whether they have a bar/restaurant, a kitchen for your use, whether they serve a group dinner, have vegetarian options, wifi, laundry facilities, or bicycle storage.
- City by city information. Navigation tips and cautions, historical references, a list of available service (pharmacies, restaurants, atms, that kind of stuff) and dates for local fiestas.
- Large Scale Maps: Large Scale Maps with no pre-determined stages. These maps are at the start of the book and are the best reference for anyone wanting to plan ahead without having to flip through the book.
- Elevation Profile: The elevation profile sits alongside the large scale maps, giving you a better overview of the terrain ahead.
- City Maps: Lots and lots of city maps. From the small villages to the regional capitals, if there is more than one option for accommodation a map is included to help you find it. These maps are inline with the guide and also show the nearest grocery, albergue, pharmacy, atm, and other bits.
- Detours and alternative routes: The camino splits in a few places, and when it does an overview is provided to help you visualize the option ahead.
The guidebook has been produced to be climate neutral, and is printed in Santiago de Compostela.
Excellent little guide book
This book will go along with me as I walk from Santiago de Compostela onward to the sea.
Review of purchase (patches, passports and booklet)
Great service, received this in 5 days from Spain to the US!
I’ve read through the book but won’t be using it until next spring. Looks to be informative!
Excellent - really useful in planning forthcoming Camino.
Looks to be useful; will use it next month!
Have not used it yet but I feel it is very comprehensive.Certainly a guide to take with me.
so good I have order another guide, The Primitive Many thanks for your service Richard (Solitaire)
where is it?
I have NOT received the guide !!!
The Caminos to Finisterre & Muxia
Happy to have it as a guide for my walk. The only downside is that the postage cost is just as much as the book!