Now fully updated in 2020!
This guide comes with 1 free Camino de Santiago Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago.
This Village to Village Guide to the Camino de Santiago is a comprehensive guidebook to walking the Way of Saint James, from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago de Compostela (the Camino Francés), and also the Camino Finisterre to Muxía and Finisterre. This Camino guidebook includes full-color detailed topographical stage maps of each day’s walk with free GPS files online; 135 detailed stage, city and town maps (now easier to read); essential practical information on transport, accommodations and services. It includes detailed listings of pilgrim hostels (albergues) and private accommodations in each town, including prices, amenities, number of beds, contact information, open dates, and more.
There are regional introductions to the different areas along the Camino including information about traditional foods, flora and fauna, and local culture plus overviews of dozens of medieval pilgrim sites, with information about the historical context of the pilgrimage. All the information you need to embark on this epic pilgrimage walk in a lightweight, attractive book.
Camino Francés: St. Jean – Santiago – Finisterre features:
- Latest edition is 20% lighter and 30% thinner than earlier editions.
- Full-color detailed topographical stage maps of each day’s walk with free GPS files online
- The entire 800km Camino Francés and 90km Camino Finisterre
- 135 detailed stage, city and town maps (now easier to read!)
- Essential practical information on transport, accommodations and services
- Overviews of dozens of medieval pilgrim sites, with information about the historical context of the pilgrimage
- Expert advice on hiking gear, packing and daily camino life
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Village to Village Press, LLC; 7th edition (January 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1-947474-17-8
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 4.95 x 0.4 inches (17.7 x 12.6 x 10.5 cm)
- Weight: 270g/9.5oz